Letter to myself

 Dear Steven,


This is 21 year old Steven typing. I hope you are doing well and the world is better than it is right now. 2020 has been a rough year for all and I’m looking to move forward. We have been in this pandemic for nine months. There’s a lot I have learned. This is just the new reality and I don’t think this will go away any time soon.

I really do enjoy college. It can be a lot of work sometimes and people aren’t always nice, but just the atmosphere, being around people all the time, I love it. I especially appreciate my roommates. Much better living situation than last year. Beau, Blake, and Jordan always fill my time with fun conversations and activities. There really aren’t too many highly intelligent people on campus here or who go to the school in general. Jordan is an outlier. I could tell from the first time I met him last year, he was my type of guy. Very techy and super smart. Apparently he also does remote work on the side… very smart guy. Beau and I think very similarly. We see value in similar things. We can pick up on conversations for hours. Blake is an interesting character. He is pretty much what I expected. He is a little less motivated than the rest of us. He sure does love drinking. All three of them are firm republicans which has made things a lil challenging. Trump got coronavirus the other week. This is literally a tv show and a shitty one at that.

I have not been able to consume hardly any alcohol since turning 21. This is not exactly how I expected being 21 in college would look like. I’m okay with it though because going out to bars clubs and parties is really not safe. People look at the numbers and see hardly anyone my age dies from it so they don’t think it is a big deal. The people who live across the hall from us are all quarentingin and get food delivered every day. That would really suck. I feel good for the most part. I’m telling you now I think there will be some long term side effects from getting the virus that we don’t know about. That’s why I’m trying to be as careful as possible.

I worked on Tamsen’s senior sem film the past 2 weekends and working on Holly’s for these two weekends. It’s kinda more boring than I would have expected. I guess because I don’t have as much creative control and not everyone is as productive as I would like, I see that as annoying. I’m very happy with my professional development in terms of my independent study. I got to interview airboss Wayne Boggs last Friday and brought Beau along. He really appreciated it and asked some great questions. I’m excited to go to the Orlando airshow at the end of this month. It’s all a go as of right now. I am bringing Anna with me and she is quite excited.

I hope you are staying inquisitive, curious, patient, supportive, athletic, fit, and determined.


  • Steven

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Animation

Learning how to use Dreamweaver

Finished Canvas Design